The Jackson Heart Study (JHS) Steering Committee shall be chaired by the JHS Director and consist of the principal investigators from the JHS Centers, and the NHLBI Project Officer. The Steering Committee will also include two (2) community member representatives approved by the Steering Committee, to serve two-year terms.
The charges to the Steering Committee are to:
1. Develop and approve all aspects of the study protocol.
2. Identify modifications of the study protocol or operational policies as necessary, and recommend changes to NHLBI.
3. Resolve operational problems.
4. Review reports of the Coordinating Center regarding study progress.
5. Advise and assist the study Centers and Project Office in the performance of the study.
6. Review ancillary studies for compatibility with JHS goals, and recommend priorities to the JHS OSMB and NHLBI.
7. The Steering Committee may constitute other committees and subcommittees as needed to maximize performance of the JHS.
meeting schedule time : The Steering Committee meets monthly.