The Jackson Heart Study Community Outreach Center (JHS CORC) is a Jackson State University Contract. The aims of the CORC are:
• Plan and conduct community outreach activities and events to communicate study findings and health promotion messages, promote the JHS, retain study participants, and build trust in the community
• Administer the JHS Community Health Advisors Network (CHAN) to promote cardiovascular disease prevention in the Jackson area through health education programs and other activities as appropriate.
• Convene a JHS Community Ethics Advisory Board to advise the JHS on ethical issues concerning participation in research, which will meet twice per year or more frequently as needed.
• Publish a newsletter every six months for JHS participants and the community reporting research findings, health promotion messages, and other appropriate items of interest
• Participate in JHS initiatives, committees, manuscript development, and provide support for data analysis.
To learn more about the Jackson Heart Study Community Outreach Center visit our website at http://www.jsums.edu/jsucorc/